A train travel


It was a long travel from Exeter to Edinburgh that took ten hours without a transfer.
I took a walk around the station before taking the train.
The sky was clear after the earlier cloudy weather.


The same landscape that I had seen on the previous days gave a much different feeling this day because of the blue sky instead of the grey cloud.
The colour of the river had also been changed much brighter.
It was a shame that I could walk only less than a quarter of an hour.


I had to return to the train station.
Near the station, there was a railway crossing which I'd encountered for the first time in the UK.


Most of the time on the train I continued to sleep because I almost sat up all night and only took a brief sleep for less than two hours that morning.
The scenery seen through the window was largely endless green grass with forests from time to time.
I could see a larger number of sheep and horses than that of humans.
In some sense, English countryside itself was felt like a vast size of sheep farm.


Once the train entered Scotland, the sun was beginning to set.
And I could see the sea far away.




A while after, the train was passing by a seaside village.
I could see a light house on a breakwater.


Soon after, the train began to cross one of the bridges in the village.





While the sun was setting, I kept watching outside the window.
The sky was darkening fast, and even one minute was felt precious.



I do not know why the sky is felt most beautiful to me just before its colour changes into dark blue of the night sky.
Maybe it's because the clouds in the sky at this moment of the day are most lively, which look like skillful brushes of an artist on an oil painting.


For a while I didn't do anything but watching the sea and the sky.
The train travel this day was somewhat like a travel to a zoo in a sunny afternoon from which I came back home watching sunset in the evening.



Comments

Popular Posts