The ultimate intellectual aim







There have been several phrases until now that I wrote to describe myself for questions when registering with some online institutions.
This morning I was almost tricked by an offer email of Academia.edu. that they would provide me with my personal website, and I took steps to register, filling in some questions following their directions.
But as I expected, it turned out to be a commercial tactic to make me buy their 'premium' service, which I know is very typical in the online market.

However, they happened to give me a chance to think about why I came to bother to do a researching activity not merely working as a history teacher in high school.
As I wrote before in an earlier post ('The course of my interests'), I think there is no more exact reflection of who I am than the tracts of my thoughts over the course of life time.
It is because humans' life is more than just a course of physical or emotional changes.
I believe that our mind grows up until the day we leave the physical form of our bodies.

This morning I wrote about the ultimate aim of my study as below.
'My ultimate intellectual aim is to see what kind of animals humans are physically, socially and philosophically.'
It may be a reasonable aim since I am living as a human.
I believe that living as a human is obviously as much significant a blessing and a gift as we realise its meanings.







Comments

Popular Posts