Birds, trees and a cat









From time to time I hear beautiful bird songs coming from somewhere. 
It was when I was jogging, passing by Calton Hill, that I heard a really high pitch of impressive bird song, and I traced where the bird song was coming from. The singer was up in a tree on near the path. 



I was curious which one the bird was among the species that inhabit in the hill, but I'm not quite sure which one it was. 



Calton Hill on another day (last autumn) when the sky is clear, which is very rare but really refreshes my spirit





Another thing that sometimes attracts my eyes when running outside is trees. Before I came to Scotland, it was only very few species that I could discern. But I came to love some trees, and one of them is the plum tree, which I was only interested in watching in pictures before, especially in oriental paintings. 
Before I traveled to the US last month, one tree caught my eyes on a path while jogging. I thought that it was a cherry tree at first, but I learned later that it was a plum tree. I realised how I'd been indifferent to trees. 



Plum trees that I saw in Japan last month (Chiba, below, and Tokyo, the first picture) were also beautiful. 





Some cat owners (some of whom jokingly call themselves as butlers or stewards of their cats) in Edinburgh let their cats freely wandering outside their homes. One of the cats whom I frequently see nowadays and sometimes feed with some cat snack that I buy in Tesco is a black cat in the picture below. I do not know its owner, but surely I can feel that the cat likes me. 




One day it followed me a long distance, while it kept checking how much it had drifted away from its home.





Anyway, plants and animals that have survived winter are now preparing to welcome new spring. April is just next month. Already... 









Comments

Popular Posts