Travel to the United States

It was my first trip to America.

I did not expect anything despite my memorable first visit to the country, and indeed there was nothing special. The destination of my trip was Augusta, a small city in Georgia. It was a quiet place like any other small cities in the countryside.


I arrived at Augusta bus station in the late afternoon and walked to the hotel. It looked like everyone except for me moved in their cars and there were few people on the street.



I could see the Augusta University medical center in a distance, which is the main employer of the city.

After the conference I moved to Atlanta, the capital of Georgia. I visited the famous Georgia Aquarium, where I watched the famous whale sharks, but the aquarium was not impressive. It was too crowded in contrast to the desolate Augusta streets, and I had to keep making my way through lots of families and kids.
Aquariums, I realised, are not a place for comforting a lonely traveler. I just wanted to take a nap lying on the floor watching the whale sharks which were swimming so slowly enough to be able to hypnotise me to fall to sleep.




In the Garnett station in Atlanta




One thing that was personally interesting for me was that there were so many Mustangs on the roads, which reminded me of my previous car. Mustang was the title of a comic book that I drew when I was in high school, and that was the sole reason why I had bought the car.


I even happened to see a miniature model of the old famous fighter, Mustang, in the domestic terminal of Hartsfield- Jackson Atlanta Airport.



My old car which I had to sell in 2014, before coming to Scotland
During a monsoon period in an early summer, it drank a lot of water and I had to bring it to a car service centre. I hope it's working nicely with a new owner and no longer suffering from heavy rain.



Comments

Popular Posts