Festival and sunset






I happened to pass by a small local festival, while jogging along my usual route.
It was Musselburgh Festival.
People were gathering around the harbour, and the ropes on the boats were decorated with lots of flags.
Some people were riding horses, surrounded by spectators standing along the promenade.
I was watching them as another bystander.
And I took a photo.
Maybe because the sun was setting.

It reminded me of my high school festival.
In my second year, I drew an oil painting for the art exhibition in the festival
It was a compulsory task as a member of the art club of my school.
For several weeks, I remained in the art room after school including weekends.
I drew flowers in a vase that was made of thick straws.

I do not remember much about the exhibition and the festival, although I still have the painting of the time.
The painting itself is not connected to any special memories.
The only thing I remember is the late afternoon of the last day of the festival.
People were going back home.
And I remained in the playground, watching the sun set.
Without any reason, I remember the moment and my feeling of that time.
And I think it is not a bad thing that I can remember something in my past as such a vivid image.






Comments

Popular Posts