Edinburgh Spring 2018



Despite this post title, actually spring is highly suspected having come yet.
Even the weather forecast says it will snow on Easter coming weekend.

However, for the last few days the weather was really nice.
I jogged the other day around the Holyrood Park.
It was such a beautiful afternoon sunshine typical of early spring.

I ran along a circle of the park (in the clockwise direction), which show a variety of landscapes from the hills and the lakes to the sea and the cliffs.




One of my favourite places in Edinburgh where I can see a lake and the sea at the same time




On my way home ..


.
.
.

Yesterday, after church I went to Cameo cinema, which is one of the few remaining old style cinemas in Edinburgh.
The cinema reminded me of the days when I had lived in Gwangju long time ago in South Korea.
One day I went to an old 'art' cinema in the city centre to watch a black and while movie entitled 'Dead Man'. Actually the film was not very old movie (directed by Jim Jarmusch, 1995) even though its scenes were shot in a deliberate old style (or, as its critics say, a postmodern style).

The film I watched last evening was one of the latest movies that have recently released.
The title was 'Isle of Dogs'.
It's a Hollywood movie (directed by Wes Anderson, 2018), but felt as if I was watching a Japanese movie dubbed in English, and indeed in the movie, English subtitles were not even shown for Japanese lines although this didn't hinder understanding the plot.
The main character of the movie, a little boy named Atari, reminded me of the main character of Akira (directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, 1988).




Salisbury Crags and the church when the sun was setting


.
.
.

Now, it's time to get back to my reality.
Writing my blog post or my journal is always a pleasant thing to do, during which time flies like the speed of light, but the real world is different from the imagination that I create in my mind.

So.. let's cheer up.

to write my thesis.

to write my happiness.

to write my life.




Comments

Popular Posts