Life is a battle.





I remember that one day in the past when I was talking with a friend,
I said life is a battle and the world is a battle field.
She seemed shocked..

People, in my view, are struggling every day with the battle, so they want comfort and consolation.
That may be why people watch films, listen to music and chat with others over beer ... in order to escape their harsh reality at least for a while.

Saying that 'life is a battle' does not mean that we all should suffer from the battle without complain or we should win over others in the battle.*
Knowing that life is a battle gives me a distance from the battle and the struggle.

For some people, knowledge may be merely a practical tool for success in life or a dogma to judge others' thinking, while for some, knowledge means freedom from the bondage that confines human lives in every aspect.

Tying to 'understand' -not 'judge'- why people have come to live their lives like a battle made me question 'what do they fight for after all' and 'what is the most important thing in life'.

So, I believe that in life there is no success or victory.
There are only meanings in my life.









* I wrote a post earlier in my old blog about social misunderstanding regarding competition, which is the main reason for the battle:
http://blog.daum.net/baeminteacher/309



Comments

Popular Posts